Instruments: Keyboards, Vocals
Arman’s musical prospects began early on in his childhood days in Winnipeg, singing and playing the pipe organ in the church choir. He later dabbled in musical theatre and wrote instrumental scores used as soundtrack music for festivals, in theatre shows, radio, and in animation sequences. He was also a very busy wedding singer.
1993 was his introduction into the rock band world, as keyboard player and co-lead vocalist for an alternative original rock band “CHAIN OF BEING” (based out of Winnipeg).
In 1998 he left for Saskatchewan and ‘got folky’ in an acoustic duo known as “FREEB EAR”; he also played with a group of hot soul hit revivalists, “THE MOTOR TOWN REVIEW”. He also provided instrumental soundscapes on TERRY McGARRY’s poetry CD, “The Magic of the Storyteller”.
In 2001, Arman traded in his parka, ‘Klondike’ mitts and ‘Sorel’ boots for some sun and ocean in Victoria, where he continued to build his musical portfolio singing and playing with several professional bands such as:
- BACKTRAX (2001 – 2003)
- LAS WAGES (2005 – 2006)
- ROCKVILLE (2005 – 2006)
- 3 POWER (2005 – 2007)
- THE USUAL SUSPECTS (2006 – 2008)
- THE BEATLES REVOLUTION (2007 – 2008)
- THE POLITICS OF DANCING (2008 – 2010)
- PLANET CLAIRE (2009 – 2012)
- SETS AND THE CITY (2010 – 2012)
His versatility has allowed him the ability to fill-in with other Victoria-based acts such as:
- BRYDEN STREET HOUSE PARTY
- MIKE DEMERS BAND
- NUVO WAVO
- PONY CLUB
- SHAKY GROUND
- TIMEBENDERS NEXT WAVE
- THE WEDDING SINGERS
Currently, his vocal and keyboard talents are highlighted in:
- “SUPERSAUCE” (Classic and Modern Rock)
- “FASCINATION” (Rock, Pop, and Dance Hits from the Late 1960’s to current charting Top 40)
- “RADI80RS” (Radio Hits of the 80’s)
- “SHE SAID, HE SAID” (Voice and Piano duo featuring ARMAN on keys/ vocals and ELLE CROSSLEY on vocals/ charm)
- “ARTMAN” (A solo experimental electronica keyboard project which re-surfaces from time to time).
Arman founded SuperSauce with Sean Wallbridge and Bil Underwood in 2008. In mid 2012, he left the band to pursue “Fatherhood”. Itchy to hit the stage again, he was invited to rejoin the SuperSauce line-up in April 2015.